Saturday, July 4, 2015

Trellis Wall for Shade

What is going on guys. Today is my favorite day of the year. Forth of July baby! Birthday of the beautiful USA!!!

But before I get too drunk, I wanted to show you guys how I made an all natural shade wall. 

You know I hate long intros so let's get right into it.

Here is the before and after picture:
Shade wall wasn't the only improvement. Look at that luscious green grass!!!

It all started with some measurements and drawings:


And with the help of my friend Chinchilla, the wood-work begun:
Box is 2 feet tall

We added a bench.



I lined the inside of the box with aluminum to keep it from rusting. I didn't get a picture, but I drilled holes at the bottom of the box for draining. 

Putting rocks at the bottom of the pot help with draining. Doing this will also save you some dirt..

I used well draining soil (mixture of coir-fiber, bark, dirt, and vermiculite)
I planted Mandevillas ( white, pink, and red varieties)



You probably want to stain the wood before putting plants in the pot. Take it from me.

And now Kat Williams is going to show you the growth after 3 months:



2 more months:




It's awesome hanging out in the patio now since there is constant shade. I think it looks pretty good too.

Went from this:

To this:


That is all folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment